Meru County Investment Development Corporation
This service charter is a commitment by the Meru County Investment and Development Corporation (MCIDC) to provide service delivery to the public, our investors, customers and all other stakeholders.
The charter defines who we are, our mandate, functions and the expected service standards.
The Meru County Investment and Development Corporation was established by the Meru County Investment and Development Corporation Act 2014 that provide for establishment of legal and institutional frame work for promotion and co-ordination of investment and development and for connected purposes
In our commitment towards better service deliver we intend to meet the needs of our stakeholders by providing an enabling environment to enhance our customer experiences.
Objective of the service charter
The main objective of this service charter is to provide our customers with information on the services we provide enable our customers to check their expectations against what is offered convey the corporation policy and service standard
Core Function and Mandate
These are set out in MCIDC act 2014 sect 5 and includes to:-
- Holding property and asset on behalf of the county government for the purposes of investment and development
- Undertaking investment on behalf of the county government for purposes of generating revenue.
- Undertaking any development initiative for the county with a business or social purposes.
- Identify strategic investment opportunities for the benefit of the county.
- Undertaking business ventures solely or in partnership with other entities or persons for the benefit of the county.
- Promoting local economic growth and job creation.
- Advising and facilitating the county government and county residents on investment opportunities within and outside the County.
- Assisting and facilitating investors from within and outside of the county to establish investment in the county.
- Promoting and facilitating investment in the county.
- Advising Executive member and the County Executive Committee on necessary policies programs and plans to be adapted in order to attract investment in the county.
The Meru County Investment and Development Corporation is focused on meeting and exceeding stakeholder needs.
We will always endeavor to:
- Acknowledge your letter and correspondences within seven (7) working days upon receipt.
- Respond to your enquiries within thirty (30) day.
If you contact us by telephone or email, we will:
- Answer your call promptly.
- Listen correctively interpret messages and respond appropriately.
- Be courteous and helpful at all times.
- Give you our name and our area of work when we answer your call
- Answer enquiries in full where possible and if we cannot do so immediately we will take your details and call you back
OBLIGATIONS TO OUR STAKEHPLDERS
- Promptly identify customer needs and match them with appropriate solutions.
- Ensure prompt and quality service handled in a professional manner.
- Provide timely and up to-date service and information.
- Treat information provided in confidential manner.
- Maintaining an open door policy to all in need of our services.
- Simplify business processes to enhance customer experience.
- Encourage two-way communication to all levels.
- keep customers informed of progress or setbacks in service delivery.
COMPLAINTS FEEDBACK AND SUGGESTIONS
The Board of Director, Management and Staff of MCIDC look forward to working with all our customers and stakeholders to provide quality services that meet and surpass your expectation. We promise to constantly review our service charter to ensure that our stakeholder’s needs are addressed.
This services charter is issued under the authority of the Board of Directors
Meru County Investment and Development Corporation
P.O. Box 3194-60200